ASK Czech Republic is a non-political youth civic association that develop leisure time activities of youth under 26 years of age. ASK Czech Republic search for and train young talents. ASK Czech Republic also create space for young initiatives in high schools.
The ASK Czech Republic was awarded the honorary title “The organization recognized by the Ministry of Education to work with children and youth,” for period 2014 and 2020.
The main objectives ASK Czech Republic includes:
– support of various forms of educational, cultural, scientific and technical activities of youth in their leisure time;
– facilitate and unify the efforts of youth clubs for the creation of youth initiatives;
– be a place to exchange experiences, knowledge and information about youth activities in the Czech Republic and abroad;
– obtain financial and material resources for youth activities;
– represent member clubs at various levels and create conditions for their activities;
– operate other non-profit activities such as meetings, seminars, conferences, publications and economic and advisory services, which will benefit the activities of associated clubs and individual members;
– organization camps, international exchanges, internships, and other activities;
– promotion of youth participation in public affairs (government, Parliament, Council) and leading information centre for youth;
– ensure coordination and advisory activities of European programs and services.
We have extensive experience in non-formal education. We operate according to the principle: Tell me and I forget, show me and I remember, let me take part, and I understand. We conduct a lot of workshops related to various fields of life: self-development, handcrafting, nature protection, learning foreign languages, and of course new technologies.
People involved in this project are trainers and youth workers and possess a lot of skills and experiences needed to carry out the project successfully. They concern the youth activation of local communities, creativity, communication, open-mindedness.